Kanda Shrine

Kanda Shrine

Enshrined on the north side of the Nankai train, and it was called Kandakawaradaimyojin long time ago. That is guardian god = guardian deity of one's birthplace of the land in Kaizuka jinaimachi. It has been built by the townspeople in Taisho 15 years(1587), since then it has been faith by local people. Jinaimachi is the town that flourished around the Gansenji in later middle ages, there is moat mark which was in the whole town in precincts Kanda shrine in those days. Erstwhile state has been passing on until now. Brave "Festival of very large float used to carry taiko at festivals"is opened in every July. On festival-eve vigil, a votive lantern in a shrine or temple and man curtain is set up on each house, imperial procession of portable shrine are opened in main shrine at next day. The highlight is very large float used to carry taiko at festivals which more than one ton of red futon has been clogged in shape of V. 7 of very large float used to carry taiko at festivals parade the whole town bravely with shout "Bera Bera Sho Sho". This festival is the oldest very large float used to carry taiko at festivals in each Sensyu area.

ADDRESS 〒597-0003 905 Kaizukashinaka, Osaka
TRANSPORTATION 3 minutes walk from Nankai main line Kaizuka station
FACILITIES
INQUIRIES TEL : 072-422-1446 FAX : 072-423-1468
URL

MAP

PAGE TOP