Eifukuji Temple

Eifukuji Temple

Get off at Nankai Tadaoka station and walk 5 minutes to the north. The temple is Jodo Shinshu Honganji School and located in Senboku-gun Tadaokacho. When Kusunoki Masashige was raising an army in Chihayaakasaka in response to the life of the Emperor Go - daigo, Kanetaka that was the village headman here Tadaoka is reportedly siege to Chihaya Castle to help Masashige. After Masashige was killed in the war in Minatogawa,Kobe, Kanetaka built a temple for praying Masashige to enter Tendai sect (of Buddhism). In 1948(Meiou era-7th), Rennyo Shonin stopped by and the temple became a the Jodo‐Shin(True Pure Land) sect.  The precincts is one of 100 selections of the Osaka Green. And there are great 5 Chinese juniper trees. The tallest one is told that Kiso Yoshinaka of vassals of Imai have transplanted brought back from Ibukiyama(Mt.Ibuki), and it tells us a long history in the annual rings.

ADDRESS 〒595-0813 1-14-3 Tadaoka Minami,Tadaokacho, Senboku-gun,Osaka
TRANSPORTATION 5 minutes walk from Nankai Tadaoka station
FACILITIES
INQUIRIES TEL : 0725-32-3731

MAP

PAGE TOP