One of the Gyoki erected Shijukuin, current temple dedicated to Kannon was called "Kanonji"（Kotsumikannon） long time ago, and it was another temple with Koon-ji Temple. Kanonji was demolished temple and merge with this temple in Taisho 3 (1914), but from temple story, the temple was built by Gyoki which had complete seven-structured temple compound in Nara period Jinki era 3 years(726). After that, only Kanonji was left through a variety of confusion until now. This temple dedicated to Kannon is one of the oldest wooden building in Osaka Prefecture. Valuable building to convey to now about esoteric style which was built in late period of Kamakura era. It's called "chock Kuginashidou" because it was built without used a nail, and it became national treasure. "Kotsumi" is the place name of Kaizuka city where has Koon-ji Temple. It results from Gyoki begins "Kannon-in", and when he build the 49 of temples in Kansai, ｔo timber yard which was cut from the mountain. There is also 19 of National important cultural properties such as, "Nandaryuouzozo" which is known as principal image of pray for rain, and standing statue of Amida Nyorai which is in early Kamakura period at treasure hall in precincts.
|ADDRESS||〒597-0102 798 Kotsumi, kaizuka City, Osaka|
|TRANSPORTATION||Change to Mizutetsu bus to Sobura from Mizuma railway Mizuma station, and get off at Kuginashido.|
|ADMISSION FEE||Worship for Buddhist statue need advance reservations|
|INQUIRIES||TEL : 0724-46-2360|