Photo Library ―Downloading Osaka's Sightseeing photos
Handling of Personal Information
The PHOTO LIBRARY, operated by the Osaka Convention & Tourism Bureau (hereafter; the Bureau) complies with the following regulations in protecting the privacy of the users.
The Bureau requests its user for the minimum necessary personal information when using the PHOTO LIBRARY. The purpose of obtaining the personal information will be specified and disclosed and the collected information will be used within the limits agreed. The collected personal information will be strictly handled under the supervision of the manager of the personal information, and will prevent any illegal access from the outside so that the data will not leak outside.
The purpose of the personal information we collect is for the following:
- To use the download service provided within the "PHOTO LIBRARY".
- To use when there is a need to contact the users of the "PHOTO LIBRARY" through E-mail, sending mail to their postal address, calling their phone or faxing.
- To improve the quality of the contents within the "PHOTO LIBRARY".
If there is a need to use the personal information in any way other than the above, the purpose will be specified to the user in advance and used only after the user agrees to the condition.
For details, please refer to the following "Inquiry concerning personal information".
Providing personal information to the third party
In any of the cases below, the personal information we have collected may be provided to the third party.
- When a disclosure order has been released according to the law.
- In any event which it is considered necessary to protect the important benefits of users, and the lives, health and property of the general public.
Upon operating the "PHOTO LIBRARY", the Bureau will take reasonable safety measures and necessary remedial actions to prevent illegal access, loss, destruction, tampering and leakage of the personal information. Also upon operating, the Bureau will organize a periodical training system concerning the protection of personal information for the staff concerned.
When relegating operations concerning personal information to an outside firm for the maintenance and management of the data network system, a commission contract including the confidentiality obligation will be signed and the Bureau will take necessary and appropriate actions to overlook the commissioned company.
Usage of cookie
Cookies may be used to avoid having to fill in the admission form each time a user downloads. The cookie is stored in the hard disk of the user and used to provide such service.
Also the cookies maybe used to prevent misuse or collecting marketing data.
Any user information obtained from collecting cookies will be used only for providing service and will not be used for any other purpose.
Inquiries concerning personal information
If you have any questions or requests for disclosure, correction, or suspension of usage involving personal information, please contact through the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The regulations stated hereunder are the basic terms and conditions involving the usage of the sightseeing photos provided by the Osaka Convention & Tourism Bureau (hereunder the Bureau). Be sure to read through before usage.
Article 1 (Purpose)
The terms and conditions stated hereunder concern the purpose of the usage of the sightseeing photos for promoting tourism in Osaka (attracting guests, advertising, etc.).
Article 2 (Definition of terms)
The definitions of terms herein are as follows.
Service: Downloading sightseeing photos provided within the PHOTO LIBRARY.
User: Any individual, organization or corporate business that use the service and releases information.
Article 3 (User application)
- The fee for the usage of the service is as below.
- Fee : Free of charge
However, the photos itself must not be the purpose of the business
Should the service be used for publication, products, etc. for the purpose of profit, you must not submit your request through this admission form. In such a case you must contact the Bureau through E-mail (email@example.com).
After using the service, submit one copy of your deliverables to the following address:
(Sending a PDF file of the corresponding section is also acceptable. If used for a website, send us the URL.)
Public Relation Division
Osaka Convention & Tourism Bureau
5F Resona Semba Bldg.
4-4-21 Minami-Semba, Chuo-ku, Osaka 542-0081
Article 4 (The service, handling of the data)
- This service is for one-time use only (one company, one category, one issue, one edition). You must submit a form for each reproduction or for using the service for any other matter other than that submitted on the form, even if it is for the same use.
- Secondary use, selling out to another party and sales of the photo is prohibited.
- Fabrication that can defame or possibly defame the sightseeing photos is prohibited.
Article 5 (Rights)
- The copyright of the sightseeing photos within the service belongs to the City of Osaka and Osaka Convention & Tourism Bureau. When using the photos the following credit must be included:
© Osaka Convention & Tourism Bureau
- The City of Osaka and the Bureau do not own the portrait rights, trademarks, patent or any other rights of the people, architecture or location within the photos. If there is any need of negotiation for permission, the user must conduct the procedure on its own responsibility. Should any dispute occur concerning any of the rights, the user must handle and settle the situation at its own risk.
Article 6 (Obligations and Duty of Care)
- The user will use the service at its own risk and will take full responsibility of whatever contents the user may release.
- Neither the City of Osaka nor the Bureau is responsible for any direct or indirect damage to the software or hardware of the user's computer, peripheral equipment, network environment and such that may be caused by using the service.
Article 7 (Prohibited acts)
When using the service, the user is prohibited to take any of the actions mentioned hereafter.
Should the user conduct any of the following, the Bureau will prohibit any usage by the relevant user afterwards and will take any necessary legal action if necessary.
- Any action that violates the regulations herein
- Any action that hampers the operation of this service
- Any action that violates the law, rules and regulations and regulations of the local government
- Any action that is offensive to public order and morals
- Any action that leads to defamation of character or social reliability, discomfort or psychological damage to other users, a third party, the City of Osaka or the Bureau
- Any action that can infringe or possibly infringe on the intellectual property rights of other users, a third party or the Bureau as well as infringement or inducement of infringement of copyrights
- Any action that concerns providing incorrect or possible incorrect statements
- Any action that concerns child pornography or possibly equivalent to child abuse
- Releasing any information that can be regarded harmful or possibly harmful to minors]
- To use for any purpose other than that stated herein or the admission form
- Any other action that the Bureau decides is unsuitable
Article 8 (Management of the user's data)
- The Bureau does not certify the efficiency, adequacy and such of the data that is released by the user nor does it certify that the user has met the utilization purpose that has been submitted.
- The format, usage conditions, URL or the contents and such is subject to change or discontinue without notice.
The City of Osaka and the Bureau are not responsible for any damage caused to the user due to the change, deletion, discontinuation of release or cancelation of the service.
- The City of Osaka and the Bureau are not obligated to make any modifications.
Article 9 (Disclaimer)
The Bureau is not responsible for any damage the user receives due to the usage of the service.
The Bureau does not accept any liability whatsoever for any resulting damage the user might have applied on a third party due to the usage of the service, and the user must settle the matter of the damage done to the third party at the users own cost and responsibility and the user shall protect the Bureau from any and all claims of the third party in this respect.
Article 10 (Suspension of usage)
Article 11 (Revision of the terms)
The Bureau is allowed to make any revisions of the terms due to enactment, changes and repeal of the law, without notice to the user.
Osaka Convention & Tourism Bureau
© Copyright 2011 Osaka Convention & Tourism Bureau all rights reserved.