Ancient temple was opened in first year of Hakuho era（672）. When Ennogyouja was training at the same mountain, nyoirin kanzeon bosatsu was written on camphor tree of sacred tree, and enclosed. After that, Taicho saint who is from Echizen entered to the mountain, and built good various halls. From oral instruction, there was ｆlourished from Northern and Southern Dynasties to Muromachi period, but there had fired by Oda Nobunaga in Tenshou era 9(1581), then there was destroyed by fire. In Keicho period, there was rebuilt by Toyotomi Hideyori. The main temple which dismantled from Shitenno-ji is Osaka's designated cultural property for now. The precincts which has about 600 of beautiful cherry blossoms are designated as historic landmark in Osaka, camphor tree and wax myrtle of many trees are designated as natural monument of Osaka. "Hokyoindaranikyo", "Ｎyoirindaranikyo", "Kujakukyomandarazu" in Jihou are also national important cultural properties. Many people visit to big Buddhist service in spring and cherry blossom festival that is held on the first Sunday in April.
|ADDRESS||〒594-1154 2168 Matsuojicho, Izumi City, Osaka|
|TRANSPORTATION||Get off at Senboku high-speed rail Izumigaoka station. Taking Nankai bus no.5 to matsuoji, and get off at matsuoji, 7 minutes walk|
|INQUIRIES||TEL : 0725-54-0914|