เวลาทำการ9.00-17.00 น. (เปิดให้เข้าได้จนถึง 16.30 น. ในบางฤดูกาลจะเปิดให้เข้านานกว่าปกติ) ใช้เวลาในการชมตัวปราสาททั้งหมดราว 60 นาที

ปราสาทโอซาก้าเป็นสัญญลักษณ์อย่างหนึ่งของเมืองโอซา ก้า สร้างขึ้นเป็นครั้งแรกบนบริเวณที่เคยเป็นวัด Osaka Hongan-ji เมื่อปีค.ศ.1583 โดย Toyotomi Hideyoshi (ค.ศ.1537-1598) นักรบระดับไดเมียวผู้พยายามรวบรวมประเทศเป็นครั้งแรก ยอดประสาทหรือส่วนที่เรียกว่า Tenshukaku แล้วเสร็จลงสองปีต่อมา แต่หลังจากสงคราม Osaka Natsu No-jin ในปีค.ศ.1615 ตระกูล Toyotomi ถูกฆ่าล้างโคตร Tenshukaku ก็ถูกทำลายลงย่อยยับ ต่อมาได้รับการบูรณะใหม่ในสมัย Tokugawa แต่น่าเสียดายที่ในปีค.ศ.1665 ได้ถูกฟ้าฝ่าเสียหายย่อยยับอีกครั้งหนึ่ง ทำให้ปราสาทโอซาก้าไม่มี Tenshukaku มานานปี จนกระทั่งในปี 1931 นายกเทศมนตรีเมืองโอซาก้า นาย Seki ได้ขอรับเงินบริจาคจากชาวเมืองจำนวนหนึ่งล้านห้าแสนเยน (เท่ากับราว 75,000 ล้านเยนในปัจจุบันนี้) มาบูรณะปราสาทใหม่ ปราสาทโอซาก้าปัจจุบันสูง 55 เมตร มี 5 ส่วน 8 ชั้น เครื่องประดับหลังคาและภาพเสือบนกำแพงตัวปราสาทและหลายๆส่วนลงทองสีอร่าม สวยงาม (ได้รับการขึ้นทะเบียนเป็นมรดกสำคัญของประเทศ) บนหอคอยชั้น 8 ของ Tenshukaku ท่านสามารถมองเห็นทิวทัศน์โดยรวมของเมืองโอซาก้าได้อย่างชัดเจน ในแต่ละปีจะมีนักท่องเที่ยวจากทั้งในและนอกประเทศมาเยือนปีละราว 1-3 ล้านคน

นอกจากตัว Tenshukaku อันงดงามแล้ว ภายในตัวปราสาท ยังมีนิทรรศการแสดงหลักฐาน ภาพเขียน เครื่องแต่งกายโบราณ ฯลฯที่เกี่ยวข้องกับประสาทและตระกูล Toyotomi อยู่ ส่วนบริเวณรอบๆปราสาทก็เป็นสวนสาธารณะขนาดใหญ่ที่มีดอกไม้ใบไม้งามสะพรั่งใน ทุกๆฤดู เป็นที่พักผ่อนหย่อนใจของชาวเมืองด้วย


Hideyoshi's Grand Vision

Osaka Castle was originally built by Hideyoshi Toyotomi (1537-1598), one of the three great warlords and unifiers of medieval Japan. Construction commenced in 1583 on the former site of the Ishiyama Honganji Temple. This temple, originally a stronghold of warrior priests, had been lost to fire three years earlier in a war with Oda Nobunaga (1534-1582) who was Hideyoshi's former commander and another of the three great medieval warlords. Hideyoshi intended the castle to become the center of a new, unified Japan under his rule.


It took 60,000 laborers 18 months to complete the castle's keep and tower. Hideyoshi, who had proclaimed himself the successor of Nobunaga Oda, modeled the castle after Nobunaga's Azuchi Castle, except on a much grander and more imposing scale so as to flaunt his unprecedented wealth. More than 1,000 vessels transported vast masses of stone from all around the Osaka area to construct the castle. Inside, the innermost palace was embellished with silver and gold, and priceless treasures were laid out and stacked up on every floor of the Main Tower.

The Great Castle Falls

For 15 years, until Hideyoshi's death in 1598, the castle kept growing and expanding, becoming ever stronger and more luxurious. And around it, Osaka was developing into the very picture of the modern castle town--a political, military, economic and cultural center with the mansions of powerful feudal lords clustered closely about the castle and everything else radiating out from there.


Two years after Hideyoshi's death, his forces were defeated by the forces of Ieyasu Tokugawa (1542-1616) at one of the great battles that threatened to divide the country in half. Ieyasu was the third of the great medieval warlords and one who, like Hideyoshi before him, succeeded in unifying the entire country under his rule, establishing the Tokugawa Shogunate, based in Edo, that would last for 260 years. In 1615, Tokugawa's troops came down from Edo, attacked and destroyed Osaka Castle, and terminated the Toyotomi lineage.

Repeated Rebuilding in the Edo Period

Osaka Castle was subsequently rebuilt by the Tokugawa Shogunate, which decreed that the walls be "twice as tall" and the moats "twice as deep" as before. But in 1660, less than 40 years after its reconstruction, the castle was largely destroyed when lightning struck one of its explosives warehouses. And 5 years later, in 1665, lightning struck again, this time hitting the Main Tower, which burned down. A little over a hundred years after that, in 1783, lightning struck yet once again. But by that time the castle had lost much of its former splendor.


In the mid-19th century the Tokugawa Shogunate, by forced subscription, collected sufficient funds from the people of Osaka and neighboring cities to renovate all the buildings of the castle with the exception of the Main Tower. That was not restored until the 20th century (late 1920s) when the citizens of Osaka voluntarily and enthusiastically contributed enough money to turn the castle into a permanent historical monument. The Main Tower, the third in the castle's history, was completed on November 7, 1931. It rises to a height of 55 meters from the ground.


Return to Former Glory

During World War II, the castle keep was damaged, though it weathered many of the bombing raids that destroyed other old buildings surrounding it. Moreover, in 1950, it was battered by a powerful typhoon that hit the area. The keep survived, but over the years there had been steady deterioration in many parts of the structure. So in 1995 a major renovation of the castle was undertaken. The idea was to restore it to its original appearance, to bring it back in all its glory, to make it a fitting, and even breathtaking symbol of Osaka.


The work, which required advanced technology, involved intricate work, such as removing, cleaning, repairing and finally re-installing more than 50,000 individual copper roof tiles. All the gold-leaf edge tiles decorating the eaves were also removed, cleaned and repaired. Intensive waterproofing measures were taken in many inaccessible places. All the outer walls were replastered, the ornamental fixtures were restored, and gold leaf was reapplied throughout. These repairs have brought back the castle's stunning appearance of old--with pure white walls and striking accents of glittering gold. Osaka Castle lives. It will stand forever.

ที่อยู่ 〒540-0002 1-1 OsakaJo,Chuo-ku,OsakaCity
วันหยุด ช่วงส่งท้ายปีเก่าต้อนรับปีใหม่ (ราววันที่ 28 ธันวาคมถึงวันที่ 1 มกราคม)
คมนาคม เดินเท้าจาก JR Morinomiya Sta. หรือ Osakajokoen Sta.(exit No.1 and 3) ราว 15-20 นาที
ค่าผ่านประตู ผู้ใหญ่ 600 เยน เด็กนักเรียนต่ำกว่าชั้นมัธยมต้น ฟรี
Barrier-free : ทางเดิน ห้องน้ำและเครื่องอำนวยความสะดวกสำหรับคนพิการพร้อม นำสุนัขสำหรับผู้พิการทางสายตาเข้าได้ มีที่จอดรถ (9.00-18.00น.) ค่าที่จอด ชั่วโมงละ 350 เยน
Child Daycare : Seeing-eye dog, Braille sign, Wheelchair available, Lift
Parking : JPY350/ 1H
Visit : A sound guide rental
Discount for the disabled : Free (certificate required)
Discount for the aged : The one older than 65 years old is free of charge(A certificate required)
สอบถาม TEL : 06-6941-3044 FAX : 06-6941-2197